As prices change, and parts change, this will likely be outdated very quickly.
- BeagleBone Black, if they are out of the board, look here for other suppliers.
- Wall Power Adapter
- Case (I don’t recommend this one if you are going to add a CryptoCape)
- USB to Ethernet Adapter, if you don’t like this one, feel free to try others.
- MicroHDMI to HDMI Cable
- 8 GB or Larger microSD card, preferably class 10 because this will be the harddrive. This isn’t a critical piece, but I will explain later why I used it.
Other items you will NEED but may have lying around, the BeagleBone only has a single USB connection, so if you want to connect the ethernet and a keyboard, you will need the hub, but you may or may not want the mouse.
- Monitor that accepts HDMI
- USB Hub, I recommend a POWERED USB 3 Hub, this way you could run a high-power WiFi antenna and, turn this setup into a WiFi access point as well.
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- microSD card Reader
I will be using Ubuntu Linux to do all the work with the microSD, so dd is all I need. However, if you are running Microsoft Windows®, you will need a raw image writer, such as Win32DiskImager and an SSH client such as Putty.